Balsamic Herb Grilled Chicken is moist, tender, and packed with flavor through and through! The flavor combinations of the marinade makes this my go-to recipe for warm weather grilling!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes, crushed in hand
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed in hand
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in hand
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs)
Note: This recipe was updated on 4/7/20 after re-testing. The old version called for 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, and sugar instead of honey.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken breasts in a large zip-top bag. Shake to combine. Add chicken and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours to allow chicken to marinate.
- Grill chicken over medium high until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Chicken internal temperature should be 165 degrees F when safely done.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Place chicken breasts in marinade in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Seal tightly and freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw chicken/marinade in the refrigerator for about 24 hours or submerge bag in cool water until thawed, replacing water every 30 minutes. Cook according to directions. Be sure to cook the thawed, marinating chicken as soon as possible so it doesn’t get mushy or tough from over-marinating.