This Grilled Balsamic Herb Chicken recipe is made with all pantry staples and turns out moist, tender, and packed with flavor through and through.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes, crushed in hand
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed in hand
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in hand
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 – 2 lbs)
Make It Now:
- Pound out the chicken to about 3/4 inch thick (or cut it in half lengthwise) to help with fast and even grilling.
- To a large zip-top bag, add the balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, and oregano. Seal and shake to combine. Add the chicken and seal. (Freezing instructions begin here.) Refrigerate for about 2 hours and up to 24 hours to allow chicken to marinate.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and clean the grates well. Grill for about 4-5 minutes per side, maybe longer depending on the thickness, until done. Chicken is done when it registers 165°F internally or has no more pink inside.
Freeze For Later: Follow Steps 1-2. Seal the bag tightly and freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: Defrost the freezer meal using one of these safe thawing methods. Cook the chicken according to Step 3. Note: Be sure to cook the thawed chicken as soon as possible so it doesn’t get mushy or tough from over-marinating.