This protein bowl is FULL of flavor. You’ll find yourself eating it again and again. It lends itself to some creativity – allowing you to use up what you have on hand.
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- Combine black beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese in a dinner-sized bowl. Squeeze lemon over the top and sprinkle on salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Stir, taste, and season as needed.
- Eat cold or warm up for about 30-45 seconds in the microwave and stir.
- Optional: I often add a bit of quinoa or brown rice, too.