This ham and cheese slider recipe is divine! It is a simple recipe, it’s easy to make, it can be prepared and frozen for later use, and it tastes really good! You can even make them healthier by using homemade wheat rolls.
What I also like about this recipe is that it can serve a lot of people for either a lunch or dinner, like the rest of these 20 Meals That Feed a Large Group. It’s a great one to have in these tasty little sandwiches in your back pocket for your next gathering.Print
These Mini Ham and Cheese Sliders are the perfect meal for a crowd or hungry kiddos! Always a hit.
- 15-20 mini wheat rolls
- about 1 pound deli ham
- 7 ounces Swiss cheese slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds (find in spice aisle)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Assemble the sandwiches, using 1-2 slices of folded ham and a 1/2 slice of cheese on the rolls. Place in 9×13 baking dish (or whatever size you have). Squeeze sandwiches in side by side.
- Mix butter, mustard, worcestershire sauce, poppyseeds and brown sugar into medium sauce pan.
- On medium-high heat, bring sauce to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Lightly drizzle each sandwich with the prepared sauce.
- At this point you could cover the assembled rolls up and freeze them for later use. Just let them thaw out completely before cooking.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Prepare sandwiches with sauce on top in casserole dish, but do not bake. Seal with a lid or wrap with plastic wrap and/or foil very well. Freeze.
Let sandwiches thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to directions.