You may have tried our Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sliders and loved them. All ages do! But, now we’ve converted this super simple, kid-friendly recipe to work in the Instant Pot both from fresh and from frozen. With only five ingredients and the magic of the Instant Pot, you’ll have this healthy dinner on the table in about 15-20 minutes from start to finish!
(Btw, if you like the idea of one recipe working in both the slow cooker and Instant Pot, you’re going to love our next cookbook we’re working on. It’s not too late to join our Recipe Testing Team, in fact.)
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this freezer-friendly recipe. These mini sandwiches taste just like Chicken Parmesan. They are absolutely tender, flavorful, and a family favorite! You will make this again and again. In fact, be sure to double and freeze a batch for later.
Serve Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Sliders alongside some Basic Roasted Vegetables or Roasted Brussels Sprouts and some fruit. When I make these for my crew, I hear the best sound a mom could ever hear at dinner–no complaining.Print
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this freezer-friendly recipe. These sandwiches taste just like Chicken Parmesan. They are absolutely tender, flavorful, and a family favorite! You will make this again and again.
- 1 (28 ounce) jar of marinara sauce (Recommended: Newman’s Own Marinara) or 3 1/2 cups of Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs fresh or frozen medium-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we love the ones from Butcher Box*)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 mini wheat buns
- 12 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Place marinara and chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Lock and seal the lid. Cook for 7 minutes at high pressure. (Note: If using frozen chicken, cook for 15 minutes at high pressure). When cook time is done, use quick release of the pressure.
- Remove the chicken to a wooden cutting board and shred with two forks. Return to the pot. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm on a mini bun and top with a slice of cheese.
Freeze For Later: Place raw chicken breasts and marinara in a gallon-sized freezer bag or round freezer container. Seal and freeze. (Tip: Freeze the bag inside a medium-sized bowl until solid, so it’s the shape of the Instant Pot.)
Prepare From Frozen: Turn on the Saute function. Saute the frozen meal for 5 minutes to release some liquid. Follow Steps 2-4, except cook for 15-20 minutes with a quick release.
Need a side dish idea? Serve these up with our simple 3-Minute No-Boil Corn on the Cob!