Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this freezer-friendly recipe. These sandwiches taste just like Chicken Parmesan. They are absolutely tender, flavorful, and a family favorite! You will make this again and again.
- 1 (28 ounce) jar of marinara sauce (Recommended: Newman’s Own Marinara) or 3 1/2 cups of Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs fresh or frozen medium-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we love the ones from Butcher Box*)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 mini wheat buns
- 12 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Place marinara and chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Lock and seal the lid. Cook for 7 minutes at high pressure. (Note: If using frozen chicken, cook for 15 minutes at high pressure). When cook time is done, use quick release of the pressure.
- Remove the chicken to a wooden cutting board and shred with two forks. Return to the pot. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm on a mini bun and top with a slice of cheese.
Freeze For Later: Place raw chicken breasts and marinara in a gallon-sized freezer bag or round freezer container. Seal and freeze. (Tip: Freeze the bag inside a medium-sized bowl until solid, so it’s the shape of the Instant Pot.)
Prepare From Frozen: Turn on the Saute function. Saute the frozen meal for 5 minutes to release some liquid. Follow Steps 2-4, except cook for 15-20 minutes with a quick release.