Healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe. So delicious and at the same time, nutritious! Try them regular-sized or as mini muffins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup milk (your choice)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat a mini muffin tin or regular-sized muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake 15-18 minutes for mini muffins or 20-23 minutes for regular-sized muffins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool on a wire rack. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
Freeze For Later: Bake muffins and cool completely. Place muffins in a single layer in a gallon-sized freezer bag or container, seal, and freeze. Prepare From Frozen: Let a muffin sit on the counter for a few minutes or use the defrost setting on the microwave to thaw.