Healthy Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini (using a towel to squeeze out the excess moisture before stirring it into the batter)
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan to prevent the bread from sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and honey. Add the eggs and beat well. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it for about 20 seconds in the microwave.)
- Whisk in the milk, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until blended. Using a large spoon, stir in the zucchini.
- Next, add the flour and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool before slicing it with a serrated knife.
- Wrap tightly and store on the counter for 2 to 3 days at room temperature, in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months or so.
Freezer Meal Instructions: To Freeze: Bake according to directions. Cool completely. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil and freeze. Or cut into individual slices, wrap in foil, and stick in a gallon-sized freezer bag so you can grab out one piece at a time. To Prepare From Frozen: Unwrap and warm in the microwave in 20 second intervals until warmed through. Serve with a little butter on top.