Healthy Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips is moist, naturally sweet, and just the right amount of chocolatey.
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini (using a towel to squeeze out the excess moisture before stirring it into the batter)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan to prevent the bread from sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it for about 20 seconds in the microwave.) Using a large spoon, stir in the zucchini.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes (note: a glass pan may take longer), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool before slicing it with a serrated knife.
- Wrap tightly and store on the counter for 2 to 3 days at room temperature, in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months or so.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Bake according to directions. Cool completely. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil and freeze. Or cut into individual slices, wrap in foil, and stick in a gallon-sized freezer bag so you can grab out one piece at a time.
To Prepare From Frozen: Unwrap and warm in the microwave in 20 second intervals until warmed through. Serve with a little butter on top.