This is the easiest and most moist way to make lasagna in my opinion. Delicious! Crock pot for the win!
- 13–14 pieces (most of a 16 ounce package) uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided (separate out 1 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2–3 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (28 ounces) jars marinara sauce
- In a mixing bowl, stir together 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, garlic, parsley, basil, pepper, salt, spinach, and Parmesan cheese.
- Generously coat the inside of the large slow cooker crock with cooking spray. This will help tremendously with clean up!
- Layer the lasagna in the slow cooker as follows. Remember to be generous with the sauce and use all of it!
- – SAUCE: Start by spreading a base layer of marinara sauce over the bottom.
- – NOODLES: Layer noodles next, breaking them apart as needed to fill in the gaps.
- – SAUCE: Spread another layer of sauce over the noodles.
- – CHEESE: Spread the ricotta cheese mixture over all the noodles.
- – REPEAT X2: Repeat the noodles/sauce/cheese layers two more times.
- Top the casserole with one last layer of noodles (so you’ll have four noodle layers total), one last layer of sauce, and then end with the 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over the top. (Note: You will not have a ricotta cheese mixture layer for the top.)
- Cook on LOW for 3 hours. Do not overcook!