After a beautiful week with tons of snow, I’ve had my fill of winter. Our family is officially ready for summer. But since we have to wait a few more months, I thought, “Why not bring a little summer to us?” That’s what inspired this family-friendly strawberry pina colada recipe (which can easily be made into a healthy adult bev with a little rum added!). I promise you…this recipe won’t disappoint. The key is the coconut milk, though.
Unsweetened organic coconut milk is so good for you and includes health benefits such as: aides in weight loss, immune system support, prevents heart disease, and promotes healthy hair and skin. I found a good deal on unsweetened coconut milk at Vitacost. If you use my link here, you’ll get $10 off your order, too!
Enjoy a little early taste of summer if you live in the northern hemisphere. For all my southern hemisphere friends, enjoy a cool glass of Strawberry Pina Colada for us on the beach and think of us fondly.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed ice (more if not using frozen fruit)
- 1 banana
- 2 cups strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups pinneapple (frozen or fresh)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth. (Note: I find it easiest to put all the liquids in first and then add the ice and frozen fruit.)
- Remove from blender and serve immediately.