After a beautiful week of tons of snow, I’ve had my fill of winter. Our family is officially ready for summer. But since we have to wait a few more months, I thought, “Why not bring a little summer to us?” That’s what inspired this family-friendly strawberry pina colada recipe (which can easily be made into a healthy adult bev with a little rum added!). I promise you…this recipe won’t disappoint. The key is the coconut milk, though.
Unsweetened organic coconut milk is so good for you and includes such health benefits such as help with weight loss, immune system support, preventing heart disease, and healthy hair and skin. I found a good deal on unsweetened coconut milk at Vitacost. If you use my link here, you’ll get $10 off your order, too!
Enjoy a little early taste of summer, if you live in the northern hemisphere. For all my southern hemisphere friends, enjoy a cool glass of Strawberry Pina Colada for us on the beach and think of us fondly.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed ice (more if not using frozen fruit)
- 1 banana
- 2 cups strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups pinneapple (frozen or fresh)
- Place ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth. (Note: I find it easiest to put all the liquids in first and then add the ice and frozen fruit.)