This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is a truly healthy option for you chocolate lovers out there. As one among you, I adore this smoothie. I love this gorgeous reddish earthy hue, which tells you exactly what you’re about to taste: raspberry, followed by dark chocolate, enhanced with a pinch of salt. Because the avocado lends the smoothie a thick, creamy texture, you’ll want to grab a spoon. It’s not dessert for breakfast, but it’s close enough.
If you can’t find a bag of frozen raspberries, strawberries are a great substitute. Rich, caramel-like, and potassium-packed, Medjool dates are my favorite add-in for sweetness. Although they might be a little harder to keep on hand than honey or agave nectar, I can find them at Costco.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 large very ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 3 tablespoons natural cocoa powder or raw cacao
- big pinch (about 1/2 tsp) sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice (I use brown rice milk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, optional
- 2–3 soft Medjool dates (can substitute 2–3 tsp honey)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Add everything to the blender and puree on high for a minute or two. You should arrive at a thick consistency—think slightly melted frozen yogurt.
- Taste and adjust to your liking, then pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Smoothie Packs Delivered to Your Door!
If you want to make life really simple, try SmoothieBox. We love these frozen smoothie packs that are delivered to your door.
In fact, you can read my full honest review of SmoothieBox here. I love having these in the freezer for days when I just don’t have time to whip up a smoothie on my own.