This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil (Can you freeze butter? Yes! Here’s how.)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat waffle iron while you make the waffle batter.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter or oil.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. The batter will be a little bit lumpy. Don’t over mix.
- Cook the waffles as directed in the instructions that came with your waffle iron.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Cook and cool completely. Store in single layers divided by parchment paper in a freezer bag or container.
Place frozen waffles in the toaster for one cycle. Then, microwave in 10-15 second increments until warmed through.