Want a healthy snack to power you through the morning or afternoon? Oh my. Please give this smoothie a try (or this one or this one or this one.) My entire family can vouch for the “strawberry milkshake”-flavored deliciousness of this Banana Split Power Smoothie.
P.S. Don’t be weirded out by the cottage cheese in this recipe. It adds great richness and you’ll never know it’s there.
Want a healthy snack to power you through the morning or afternoon? This banana split power smoothie is it.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese (can sub plain yogurt or tofu)
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- a few drops of liquid stevia or 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until very smooth. Note: If you have a lower-powered blender, I would suggest blending the milk, cottage cheese, and banana first. Then add the frozen fruit a little at a time.
From: Vitamix recipe book