Sweet potato, clementine, carrot, and banana create the base of this easy, heathy smoothie that is reminiscent of the old orange sherbet push-up pops. Yum!
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (recommend Siggi brand)
- ½ cup RAW peeled, diced sweet potatoes*
- ½ banana, sliced*
- 1 large clementine, in segments (sub: ½ an orange)*
- ½ cup RAW sliced carrots*
*The smoothie texture is best if these ingredients are frozen beforehand in a freezer smoothie pack. If you don’t have time to freeze them, then add a 1/2 cup of crushed ice or more to achieve desired consistency.
Make It Now:
1. Start by adding 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/2 cup orange juice to a high-powered blender. Then, add all the other ingredients.
2. Blend until smooth. You may need to stop and stir/shake the blender or add up to 1/2 cup more of almond milk, as needed, to make sure it gets smooth.
Make Freezer Smoothie Packs for Later:
1. Layer ingredients in small freezer bags (or reusable silicone bags) in this order:
- ½ cup peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 large clementine, in segments (sub: ½ an orange)
- ½ cup sliced carrots
2. Seal tightly, squeezing out the air, and freeze for up to 3 months.
3. To Blend: Start by adding 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup orange juice, and the yogurt into a high-powered blender first. Break up the ingredients in the bag by hitting it on the counter or crunching it with your hands. Dump the ingredients from the bag in and follow blending instructions above.