This colorful spring-inspired salad packs a flavor punch with every bite! Spinach, strawberries, bacon, feta, red onion, and more are topped with a mild, lemony, sweet dressing that’s sure to please all ages.
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about juice of 3 large lemons)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- 8 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1/2 pound Burgers’ Smokehouse Uncured Bacon, cooked and chopped (find this at Hy-Vee and other local grocery stores)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- Make the Vinaigrette: Add all the ingredients to a mason jar with lid. Seal tightly and shake until combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference. This dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Assemble the Salad: On a serving platter, add the spinach. Top with the bacon, toasted almonds, red onion, strawberries, and cheese.
- Shake up the dressing and serve alongside the salad.
*To Toast the Almonds: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the almonds on a rimmed sheet pan. Bake for about 4 minutes. Give them a shake, and bake another 3-5 minutes until they begin to smell toasted and are starting to turn golden. Keep a close eye on them, so they don’t burn! Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a plate or parchment paper to cool.