This smoothie is super-bright, refreshing, and filled with tropical flavors.
- 1 heaping cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ large very ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach (washed and chopped)
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, just the leaves (about 10-12)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- juice of ½ lime
- ¾ cup natural coconut water
- 1–2 tablespoon hemp seeds, optional
- 2–3 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- Pile everything except the honey into the blender and puree on high for a full minute or two.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking. (The pineapples I have been eating lately are super-sweet and juicy, so honey hasn’t been necessary at all!)
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.