Disclaimer: This recipe was created in partnership with Frigidaire. But the opinions are all ours!
Skip the messy dredging and breading process of most chicken tender recipes with this easy shake-and-bake one. The oven-fried method produces a crispy, yet healthy version that rivals any deep-fried nugget. The Old Bay seasoning lends a peppery New England hint, but even the pickiest eaters will enjoy these chicken strips. Be sure to double this freezable recipe and bake directly from frozen on busy weeknights.
This yummy version of chicken fingers are a sure winner! Your family will love the moist chicken packed with loads of flavor. You will love the healthy twist on classic chicken fingers.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/3 lbs chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cover a metal sheet pan with foil for easy clean up. Place the pan in the preheated oven, so it gets hot.
- Place flour, Parmesan, Old Bay, and garlic powder in a large ziptop plastic bag; shake well to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Then toss with olive oil until coated.
- Add several chicken tenders at a time to the bag of dry ingredients. Close and shake well to coat each piece.
- Carefully remove hot sheet pan and generously grease with cooking spray. Arrange seasoned chicken tenders on the pan, leaving room between each one.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until tenders are done, turning once halfway through cooking time. Chicken is done when there is no longer any pink inside or it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Serve immediately.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bread the chicken tenders according to Steps 3-5. Flash freeze uncooked, coated chicken tenders by placing on a baking sheet in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Once frozen, place tenders in a gallon-sized freezer bag, squeeze out all the air, and place in the back of the freezer until ready to prepare.
Bake directly from frozen on a preheated (hot!) foil-lined, greased sheet pan at 425° for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Chicken is done when there is no longer any pink inside or it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serving Size: about 2-3 chicken tenders per person