Disclaimer: This post was created in partnership with Frigidaire Gallery. But the opinions are all ours!
A few days ago, my three year old threw a 15 minute tantrum at the kitchen table. The reason for the unrest?
A broken banana.
I wish I were joking. As I was peeling it for him, it broke in half. My attempts to explain that it would taste just the same fell on deaf ears.
Don’t even ask what happened when I cut his cinnamon toast the wrong way.
If you’ve had young children, you are well aware that most kids are very particular about their food. They can love something one day and consider it a crime that you would even consider putting that food on their plate again. Their fickleness about food can be maddening–especially if you’ve worked hard to make a homemade meal.
Because we are well acquainted with the struggle of finding meals that kids will like, we have done some digging and rounded up 30 kid friendly meals. An added bonus is that all of these meals are freezer-friendly. This means if you are a wise mama, which I’m sure you are, you should probably double the recipe and freeze one for later.
Both Rachel and I have made doubling and freezing meals a lifestyle, and it has saved us tons of time and a lot of money over the years. Not to mention the added health benefits of eating at home more.
Truth be told, I could not be an advocate for freezer cooking if I didn’t have a quality secondary freezer in my basement. I love my Upright Freezer. Love it, I tell you. First of all it’s massive. There is so much space so I can stock up on seasonal fruits and vegetables, have room for meals when I come home from a freezer meal party, have the freedom to cook in bulk and even stock up on grocery items when they are on sale. A quality freezer is a thrifty-mama’s best friend.
Now that you know where to store these delicious meals, let’s get to the roundup!
30+ Kid-Friendly Freezer Meals
1. Chicken Parmesan Casserole by Thriving Home
2. Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Tenders by Thriving Home
3. Farm Fresh Breakfast Quesadillas by Thriving Home
4. Mini Turkey and Veggie Meatloaves by Thriving Home
5. Friendship Casserole by Happy Home Fairy
6. Honey Teriyaki Chicken by Plain Chicken
7. Double Chocolate Zucchini Waffles by Thriving Home
8. Baked Italian Meatballs by Thriving Home
9. Cinnamon Whole Grain Power Pancakes by Pinch of Yum
10. Broiled Parmesan Tilapia by Thriving Home
11. Parmesan Garlic Pizza Pasta by Plain Chicken
12. A Better Mac and Cheese by Thriving Home
13. Sweet Garlic Chicken by Plain Chicken
14. Ham and Cheese Sliders by Thriving Home
15. Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole by Well Plated
16. Tomato Bisque by Thriving Home
17. Make Ahead Smoothies by Baked Bree
18. Slow Cooker Chicken and Cheese Taquitos by Thriving Home
19. Applesauce Oat Muffins by Tastes Better from Scratch
20. Fried Rice with Sweet Soy Sauce by Thriving Home
21. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bites by Is This Really My Life?
22. Baked Penne Pasta by Thriving Home
23. Mediterranean Shrimp Skewers by Thriving Home
24. Slow Cooker Parmesan Sliders by Thriving Home
25. Ham and Cheese Stromboli by Happy Money Saver
26. Mini Italian Burgers by Thriving Home
27. Cheesy Potatoes by Happy Money Saver
28. Peanut Butter and Banana Baked Oatmeal by Thriving Home
29. Homemade Hot Pockets by New Leaf Wellness
30. Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups by Thriving Home
31. Mini Chicken Burgers with Herbs by Thriving Home
32. Easy Breakfast Casserole Muffins by Thriving Home
33. Brownie Baked Oatmeal by Thriving Home
34. Beefy Baked Ravioli by Thriving Home
35. Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin by Thriving Home
36. Make Ahead Lunch Wraps by Thriving Home
37. Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes by Thriving Home
38. Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef by Thriving Home
39. Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Thriving Home
40. Sweet and Savory Salmon by Thriving Home
Keep Your Freezer Meals Organized with Our Printable Labels!
We’ve got a quick (and cute) solution to keep track of recipe details for your freezer meals OR for meals to take to someone else—printable Freezer Meal Labels!